Disco/Hustle Dance Lessons
- International Hustle and Salsa Competition (IHSC 2013).
Hustle is a partner dance for clubs, parties and discos.
It is practically impossible to find in a nightclub or at a disco some dance from ballroom category. The mass character and the strict canon of sport ballroom dance are incompatibles. Such situation led to creation of new dances with improvisational nature, not requiring years of training, performed to fashionable contemporary music and therefore looking more natural at discos, than at sports competitions. Hustle is one of such dances. Hustle can be executed to any music on any limited space. Hustle belongs to the category of social dances, as it is appropriate for all ages of dancing people and for any social stratum. Hustle is a collective name for dances to the music in disco style, popular in 1980s, such as discofox, discoswing and, directly, Hustle. Since Hustle is an independent style, it has its own technique. In the West, Hustle often called free style Disco Rowe.
Rapidity of study is another important factor when choosing Hustle from many dancing styles and the reason of its popularity (due to simplicity and improvisational character, you will be able to dance pretty well over a couple of months).
We call our classes Disco Hustle combining the sweet moves of Hustle and Disco Fox. We offer progressive disco hustle series classes to fully immerse yourself in the hottest comeback dance in the country! You’ll have lot’s of opportunity to practice and develop your Hustle skills and prepare you for the disco nightclubs!
Choose desired course level:
Beginner Disco/Hustle Course
Beginner Disco/Hustle course is designed for:
- Absolute beginners who have never danced before or who consider themselves to have 2 left feet.
- For people who have taken Disco/Hustle classes in the past and who are not sure or have forgotten their fundamental steps.
- For people who want to practice their basic steps.
You will learn:
- Explore the posture and basic moves and figures.
- Learn the correct technique of how to follow a partner’s lead during a combination of freestyle steps.
- Learn how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- How to connect with your partner.
Intermediate Disco/Hustle Course
Beginner Disco/Hustle course must be completed. Approval from instructors required to start the Intermediate Disco/Hustle Course.
You will learn:
- New combinations every session.
- Improving the posture and movements to be able to dance in partnership and in proper Disco/Hustle frame.
- Advanced moves and figures.
- Learning the correct technique of how to follow a partner’s lead during a combination of freestyle steps.
- Learning more articulated figures of Disco/Hustle with and without a partner.
- Improving the ability to dance Disco/Hustle sequences on faster timing with more styling.
- Learning how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Basic, Intermediate patterns and combining those patterns.
- More connection and leading & following exercises.
- How to understand music, counts, syncopations and accents.
Advanced Disco/Hustle Course
Ongoing Disco/Hustle classes with more challenging patterns, spicy moves & figures. This class is for those who are at the Intermediate/advance level (Approval from instructors required). Disco/Hustle has many patterns, combinations, variations. We recommend taking 3 to 4 intermediate Disco/Hustle courses before taking Advanced Disco/Hustle Course. If you missed the first class, it’s not too late to join us for the second class!
You will learn:
- Learn how to transform simple basic steps into articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Learn advanced Disco/Hustle moves and figures with separate embellishments for ladies and men.
- Learn more articulated figures of Disco/Hustle with and without a partner.
- Improve the ability to dance Disco/Hustle sequences: such as with faster timing and/or with more styling.
- Learn how to combine all the figures studied during the course into a unique and fluid routine.
Common options for all courses:
- All courses are available as group and/or private lessons.
- You may choose male or female teacher, as you prefer.
- Certificate of Achievement is available, read more.
- We have dance lessons for kids, mixed lessons (children and parents) are available.
- We can modify the courses to better suit your needs.
Available lesson formats:
Individual Dance Lessons
Nervous about dancing in public? Private lessons take the edge off and allow you to really let loose and see what you’re made of!
Private dance lessons are the quickest, most effective way to improve your dancing. We personalize each lesson based on your individual needs, desires, and goals, adjusting our teaching style to your ability, personality, and expectations. You’ll discover the difference some one-on-one attention can make in your dancing! This ensures the most thorough and rapid learning process, all while keeping it fun, easy, and comfortable.
Benifits of private dance lessons:
- Personalized attention and custom lesson guide
- Scheduled at your convenience
- Fastest way to learn and progress
Private lessons are designed to focus on your own dancing needs. This is where you will be able to learn technic, especially how to use our feet, understand timing, and develop body awareness, the more challenging aspects of your learning and in the same time enjoy the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of our studio, have fun, and enjoy the feeling of dancing.
Group Dance Lessons
Focus on having fun and we’ll take care of the rest! Group classes learning is one of the most exciting ways to learn how to dance. Classes focus on lead and follow skills and how to put dance patterns together in a way that makes sense.
Benifits of group dance lessons:
- Helps growth in the social ability of your dance skills
- Broad experience growth: dancing with multiple partners at all levels and get introduced to patterns at a fast pace
- Meet students of all skill levels and practice dancing with them
- Provides an environment for students to share their experiences, giving newer students advice on how to get the most out of their dance training experience.
- Another blessing from learning with others in a group is developing relationships with those you can now practice what you learned with
Group classes are designed to teach you the school figures and to develop your sense of balance. For the majority of the class the ladies are on one side of the room and gentlemen on the other. We learn the figures and solidify them with a considerable amount of repetition. Because the majority of the time we are dancing on our own, our balance, which is so important is being developed.
We cater for all aims and goals, for great fun, for those who are looking for the health benefits of dancing, for those looking to be the center of the dance floor or to challenge themselves, or perhaps just to spend time with their partner (couples lessons) dancing is one of the best activities in the WORLD!
We are waiting for you on our group dance lessons:
“Practice Sessions” means that all students are welcome and encouraged to come.
While the format of a practice session is much like a typical social ballroom dance, the purpose is different. You can come to just enjoy dancing. You do not need to have a particular move or routine that you are practicing. It is a great opportunity to dance on the biggest dance floor. The instructors will take care for a dancing environment of the session, including providing appropriate music carefully chosen for the correct tempo for each type of dance and for the characteristics that make each dance unique. Instructors hosting the practice session are often pleased to make suggestions when asked.
Benifits of practice sessions:
- Practice sessions offer an opportunity to practice steps or routines on Dance For You Studio spacious floating floor
- Every week our ballroom is available for our students to use for practice sessions
- The ballroom is equipped with a state of the art sound system and provides the perfect environment to focus on and enjoy improving your dancing
- Excellent opportunity to practice what you’ve been learning on your private lessons as well as the Group Lessons
Practice sessions are designed to prepare you for dancing in the real world. At these sessions many of the students attend. This creates the need to develop our traffic skills and maneuverability. You will have the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners. Everyone feels different and our job is to prepare you to dance with anyone. You will also practice to the music the entire practice session.
Look forward to see you on our practice session:
Visit our photo gallery to see more photos from weekly dance practice events.