Cha-Cha-Cha Dance Lessons
Our Showcase Dance: Cha-cha-cha.Our Showcase Dance: Cha-cha-cha.
Back there in 1952 at some sunny, with the fresh breeze location, between Central, Latin and North America, well-known nowadays as Cuba, a rhythmic and energized dance as Cha Cha was originated. Despite lots of modifications Cha Cha gained popularity quite rapidly among the Americans and later on the whole dancing world, which subsequently let it easily and for good enter the Latin American Dance program.
Alongside the Cuban lifestyle of the 19th century the dances were evolving as well. The diversity of self expression was not limited only to mambo and rumba. That’s why the melody composed thanks to the mix between the aforementioned dances, La ENGAÑADORA, promoted a new merry and cheerful dance, unexpectedly accepted by the audience. While dancing Cha Cha the colorful, attractive and light outfits tend to quickly maneuver from one corner of the ballroom dance floor to another, making the audience feel the ease of the performance. However, only few are aware that the greatest skill as dancing without raising and lowering the body lays the foundation for this remarkably performed dance. Cha Cha sets the unique and elegant relationship between the partners with the self-expression where nothing but charm and beauty prevail.
Lots of people around the globe might be wondering how the amusing sound "CHA" said twice or thrice has won over the dancing world and taken its supreme place in the Latin American Dance program. Initially the dancers were simply trying to play up the music, accompanying it with the consecutive 3 step sounds. Hence, it resulted in the fantastic steps and combinations with the smashing name as "Cha Cha".
Having mastered the "dance" language of flirtation, fascination and infatuation once, people tend to express themselves through the enjoyable energy on the dance floor, inviting everyone to join them and hit the dance floor together. Surprisingly, Cha Cha doesn’t take lots of space and can be performed both, in a pair and kind of at a distance which gives the dancers various ideas for dance combinations with the following quite unexpected idea of the dance. Cha Cha can be easily spotted from far off due to its entertaining movements, combined with the captivating tone of the dance itself. No one will definitely be left cold!
Such dance as Cha Cha is wholly and completely about the female partner among the two performers cause no one but HER always attracts spectators’ attention, not only with the stunning outfits but also with the unpredictable character set by two of them together. Lightness, easiness, to name but a few, all this disposes first the spectators, then the dancers in a while to feel the inspiration and freedom, in other words something unique that the dances were initially created for.
Sun, Sand and Sea being enjoyed to the Latin music. What else can be combined into a weighty argument to attract one to experience life through Cha Cha steps. Cha Cha has been taking the dearest place in the souls of millions of dancers for a while now. Come to Dance For You studio and become one of them cause the fantastic actions proceed from a great feeling to discover your inner self, that's where dancing is there for you.
Choose desired course level:
Beginner Cha-cha-cha Course
Beginner Cha-cha-cha course is designed for:
- Absolute beginners who have never danced before or who consider themselves to have 2 left feet.
- For people who have taken Cha-cha-cha classes in the past and who are not sure or have forgotten their fundamental steps.
- For people who want to practice their basic steps.
- For people going to vacation to Latin American countries and want to have basic knowledge of Latin dancing.
You will learn:
- Explore the posture and basic moves and figures: Closed and Open Basic movements, Alternative Basic Movement, Basic Movement In Place, New York, Spot Turns, Underarm Turns to R & L.
- Learn the correct technique of how to follow a partner’s lead during a combination of freestyle steps.
- Learn how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- How to connect with your partner.
- How to Lead (men).
- How to Follow (women).
Intermediate Cha-cha-cha Course
Beginner Cha-cha-cha course must be completed. Approval from instructors required to start the Intermediate Cha-cha-cha Course.
You will learn:
- New combinations every session.
- Improving the posture and movements to be able to dance in partnership and in proper Cha-cha-cha frame.
- Advanced moves and figures: Three Cha Chas, Side Steps (Chasses), Time Steps, Hockey Stick, Alemana, Fan, Closed Hip Twist and more.
- Learning how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Basic, Intermediate patterns and combining those patterns.
- More connection and leading & following exercises.
- How to understand music, counts, syncopations and accents.
Advanced Cha-cha-cha Course
Ongoing Cha-cha-cha classes with more challenging patterns, spicy moves & figures. This class is for those who are at the Intermediate/advance level (Approval from instructors required). Cha-cha-cha has many patterns, combinations, variations. We recommend taking 3 to 4 intermediate Cha-cha-cha courses before taking Advanced Cha-cha-cha Course. If you missed the first class, it’s not too late to join us for the second class!
You will learn:
- Learn how to transform simple basic steps into articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Learn advanced Cha-cha-cha moves and figures such as Aida, Spiral, Curl, Cuban Breaks, Rope Spinning, Cross, Basic, Turkish Towel and separate embellishments for ladies and men.
- Learn more articulated figures of Cha-cha-cha with and without a partner.
- Improve your ability to dance Cha-cha-cha sequences with faster timing and with more styling.
- Learn how to combine all the figures studied during the course into a unique and fluid routine.
Common options for all courses:
- All courses are available as group and/or private lessons.
- You may choose male or female teacher, as you prefer.
- Certificate of Achievement is available, read more.
- We have dance lessons for kids, mixed lessons (children and parents) are available.
- We can modify the courses to better suit your needs.
Available lesson formats:
Individual Dance Lessons
Nervous about dancing in public? Private lessons take the edge off and allow you to really let loose and see what you’re made of!
Private dance lessons are the quickest, most effective way to improve your dancing. We personalize each lesson based on your individual needs, desires, and goals, adjusting our teaching style to your ability, personality, and expectations. You’ll discover the difference some one-on-one attention can make in your dancing! This ensures the most thorough and rapid learning process, all while keeping it fun, easy, and comfortable.
Benifits of private dance lessons:
- Personalized attention and custom lesson guide
- Scheduled at your convenience
- Fastest way to learn and progress
Private lessons are designed to focus on your own dancing needs. This is where you will be able to learn technic, especially how to use our feet, understand timing, and develop body awareness, the more challenging aspects of your learning and in the same time enjoy the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of our studio, have fun, and enjoy the feeling of dancing.
Group Dance Lessons
Focus on having fun and we’ll take care of the rest! Group classes learning is one of the most exciting ways to learn how to dance. Classes focus on lead and follow skills and how to put dance patterns together in a way that makes sense.
Benifits of group dance lessons:
- Helps growth in the social ability of your dance skills
- Broad experience growth: dancing with multiple partners at all levels and get introduced to patterns at a fast pace
- Meet students of all skill levels and practice dancing with them
- Provides an environment for students to share their experiences, giving newer students advice on how to get the most out of their dance training experience.
- Another blessing from learning with others in a group is developing relationships with those you can now practice what you learned with
Group classes are designed to teach you the school figures and to develop your sense of balance. For the majority of the class the ladies are on one side of the room and gentlemen on the other. We learn the figures and solidify them with a considerable amount of repetition. Because the majority of the time we are dancing on our own, our balance, which is so important is being developed.
We cater for all aims and goals, for great fun, for those who are looking for the health benefits of dancing, for those looking to be the center of the dance floor or to challenge themselves, or perhaps just to spend time with their partner (couples lessons) dancing is one of the best activities in the WORLD!
We are waiting for you on our group dance lessons:
“Practice Sessions” means that all students are welcome and encouraged to come.
While the format of a practice session is much like a typical social ballroom dance, the purpose is different. You can come to just enjoy dancing. You do not need to have a particular move or routine that you are practicing. It is a great opportunity to dance on the biggest dance floor. The instructors will take care for a dancing environment of the session, including providing appropriate music carefully chosen for the correct tempo for each type of dance and for the characteristics that make each dance unique. Instructors hosting the practice session are often pleased to make suggestions when asked.
Benifits of practice sessions:
- Practice sessions offer an opportunity to practice steps or routines on Dance For You Studio spacious floating floor
- Every week our ballroom is available for our students to use for practice sessions
- The ballroom is equipped with a state of the art sound system and provides the perfect environment to focus on and enjoy improving your dancing
- Excellent opportunity to practice what you’ve been learning on your private lessons as well as the Group Lessons
Practice sessions are designed to prepare you for dancing in the real world. At these sessions many of the students attend. This creates the need to develop our traffic skills and maneuverability. You will have the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners. Everyone feels different and our job is to prepare you to dance with anyone. You will also practice to the music the entire practice session.
Look forward to see you on our practice session:
Visit our photo gallery to see more photos from weekly dance practice events.